Saturday, June 5, 2010

Friday!

Today was an easy day in the garden as well. I weeded around the asparagus and flowers, groomed the tomato plants and then potted various plants. After just 1.5 weeks of gardening, I now seem to permanently have dirt on my hands and under my fingernails. My white and gray shirts have become brown even after a wash. My legs and arms are covered with scratches from the thorns of various plants. But all in all, I’ve learned lots about growing fruits and vegetables and have become inspired to start my own garden at home…hopefully Dad agrees to the reincarnation of our small backyard garden.


After work, we hitched a ride with Aidan into Midleton to visit the Jameson Whiskey Distillery where we took a tour and got to sample Jameson whiskey, Ireland’s most popular whiskey and number one common cold medicine.

I even got my Whiskey Taster Certificate, as I was able to taste Scotch whiskey (Johnny Walker’s) and American whiskey (Jack Daniel’s) and compare it to the Jameson whiskey.

We then headed home tonight for a good rest as we should have a busy weekend ahead.

4 comments:

  1. sounds amazing- cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hayley. yeah its sweet but ill be home in a week. see ya then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Holy Mackeral".How did they taste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fried mackerel were quite good.

    ReplyDelete