Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Final Day in the Garden

So I worked my final day in the garden yesterday. A slow day at that. Certainly bittersweet but not much news to report on.

Went to Midleton Farmer's market today, which rivals Westport's (if not better)...although I was disappointed to see 2 stands with bananas, mangos, and even onions from peru...really? you can grow onions in Ireland. Clearly these stands were not farmers at all but just people selling grocery store food from a stand.

My favorite stand happened to be a woman who makes all her own goat's cheeses--over 15 varieties in all. And she was giving out free samples for every one. She said she did everything from milking and pasteurizing herself...impressive to say the least.

Tonight I watched the U.S. tie England and will head out to Youghal tomorrow before going home to the states

No comments:

Post a Comment